Made it.

After a 6 hour driving adventure, I’ve made it to London in the benzo with all of my

To London we go!

belongings and a cat in tow.  Wow, it was a long 24 hours and I’m so glad to be done with it.  I thought I left Preston in plenty of time to unpack and get the car back to the rental place on time.  That was until I hit about 8 different traffic jams queues on the way down.  I ended up getting to my house 10 minutes before the car was due back at the rental place.  I unloaded my stuff in about 15 minutes and made it to the rental place just 20 minutes late.  They didn’t charge me anything additional for the lateness and I was so happy to hear it.

With the rush to get everything packed and ready this morning, I didn’t have a chance to

Totally safe.

eat breakfast or lunch.  By the time I got to London a serious headache was setting in and I ended up gagging a few times from the lack of food and stress!  Luckily, I didn’t actually puke although it wouldn’t have surprised me given the day I was having.

Piccadilly did OK in the car.  She was being more of a pain than I remember her being when we drove cross country.  And it didn’t really help that she decided to pee in her cage 30 seconds into the trip, so the car smelled like cat urine the whole 6 hours in the car.  Really great.  She wanted to sit on my lap but it was super sunny there and I think she was hyperventilating with heat at she kept looking at me with her mouth open and nearly panting.  She finally settled for under my legs and eventually physically under the seat (the seats were very high).

Dilly checks out the guinea pigs.

So I’ve got a lot of unpacking to accomplish tomorrow.  I would love to go out tonight and celebrate the arrival here in London, but my body says no.  I finally caved and took a shower (with shampoo too!) this evening.  And shaved my legs for the first time in a week.  That is way too long to go for me, but I flippin left my razor in the hotel in Long Island and haven’t been remembered to pick one up until today.  Not that it would have mattered because I haven’t bathed in a few days anyways.  So yes, all clean and ready to get a lot done tomorrow.  Piccadilly is still pretty weirded out about this move, but she’s been investigating quite a bit.  She’s very interested in the back yard, especially the guinea pigs who live in a cage just outside my door.  They are just as interesting to her as they are to me.   The guinea pigs belong to my roommate and so far I noticed that they drink way more water than I thought they did.   It’s kind of nice to hear their squeaking through the window as well.  Ok, I’m going to delve into all the goodness on my iplayer and probably be asleep by 9:30! Good night folks!

We'll worry about that unpacking later.....

Categories: I'm 29 | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: